My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Evil That Men Do

If you read Ghost Investigator Volume 6: Dark Shadows, you are familiar with the incredible picture featured in the story The Evil That Men Do. For those of you who haven't yet picked up a copy of the book (and I just can't imagine why!), I've decided to post the picture here.

First, a little background on this house: A woman who was renting this house in Pomona, NY contacted me because a lot of strange and unpleasant things were occurring. There were classic signs of a haunting, but there were also signs that something here was evil.

On my first investigation there, while sitting in the living room I saw a dark figure or shadow move from right to left on the other side of the room. I quickly took some infrared photos, and the figure that appeared in one of them took my breath away. All things considered, this was the best photo I had ever taken on a ghost investigation.

This first photo was taken in daylight, so you can see the position of everything, and also see that there's no hanging plants, coat racks or anything else that could have been misconstrued as a figure.

Now, here's the infrared photo taken just seconds after I saw the moving figure. Note the black human form that shouldn't be there. I was the only one in the room--or so I thought!

Please let me know what you think of this image. I know it still gives me chills every time I look at it!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kagai said...

Very spooky! You were great on Darkness radio the other night, I listened via iTunes. Keep up the good work!

Later.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Stefano said...

Hi Linda,

I just started listening to the EERIE radio Podcast and in fact today finished listening to the episode in which DK and Fizz interview you. They were talking about this photo and I just had to see it. Now I've never been big into ghosts, but this photo sent a shiver up my spine and had the hair on the back of my neck standing. In fact I was trying to look at it to analyze it and I had to look away it made that strong an impression on me. Look forward to reading some of your books in the future.

best regards,

Stefano

6:57 PM  
Blogger JasonLihani said...

I was also listening to EERIE Radio, and I found this picture.

You all brought up the shadow person idea, and even though it seems that you weren't necessarily in agreement with it, I believe that this is a perfect representation of what people are talking about when they see "Shadow People," (a large, dark figure that is very mysterious/anonymous).

Either way, this is a fantastic photo which I've done my best to enhance in photoshop. I can safely say that I've lightened enough of the couch to find that there are NO BEINGS or anything of a similar nature on the couch, so I totally agree with you there.


Anyway, this picture is terrifying, and you were one of the best guests on EERIE Radio!



Jason Lihani

8:03 PM  
Blogger Digital Watchman said...

Linda did you figure the height of the shadow man based on the statue?
If you do, perhaps you could get the height and weight of the formen "doctor". See if they match.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Bix2012 said...

Hello Linda;

That is a very eerie photo, indeed.

Do you happen to recall if there were any unusual odors, or if you sensed an electrically "charged" atmosphere in the room when you took the photo?

Also, did you notice what might be either a silhouette or perhaps a partial shadow over on the right-hand side of the frame, over on the adjacent wall/window area...approx. where the curtain is hanging?

It may be nothing at all...but I think I see something over there on the righthand side of the pic.

Good luck!

William

5:43 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

i cant believe i used 4 minutes of company time looking for this photograph. the hosts of Eerie radio made this picture sound way more interesting that it is.

im not impressed at all and my suspicion is that this is a hoax.

7:12 AM  
Blogger vcm said...

I was there with Linda at my friends house. I saw it move with my own eyes! This is NO hoax!!!!!!!!!!

6:24 AM  
Blogger vcm said...

I was there with Linda at my friends house. I saw it move with my own eyes! This is NO hoax!!!!!!!!!!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home